There are several threats that your trees face daily. Whether we are talking of strong winds, heavy snow, scorching heat or pests, it’s important to stay on top of your tree care. With all the the things that can end up causing damage to your trees, it’s a wonder that so many of them grow for decades unscathed. Keeping your tree safe from problems like disease requires some maintenance and care. Tree Craft Tree Service is here to share some tips that will help ensure your trees are safe from disease and other problems.
How Can We Prevent Tree Disease?
Just like you, trees are susceptible to diseases that can lead to sickness. However, just like you, there are some precautions that can be taken that can help safeguard your trees from these dangerous diseases.
– Regular Tree Inspections: One of the best things that you can do to keep your trees protected from disease is regular inspections. If you find signs that there is disease on your trees, the sooner you start treating the problem, the better. If you can catch it in the beginning stages, there is a greater chance that you can save the tree and keep the disease from spreading.
– Keep an Eye on Surroundings: Not only should you be inspecting the tree itself, but you should also inspect the ground around the base of the tree. You need to make sure that there aren’t any pest infestations in the plants around the tree that could end up spreading and causing damage.
– Proper Tree Pruning: Regular tree trimming and pruning is essential in safeguarding your tree against diseases. This is especially important when you live in an area that is humid and experiences large amounts of rain. When pruning and trimming trees, it is important that you do it properly so that you don’t end up damaging the tree in the process.
– Plant Pest Resistant Foliage: Make sure you’re planting the right kind of trees on your property. You can choose trees that are more pest resistant than others with recent science and technology. This can help save you the hassle of pests and diseases down the road.
– Understand What Your Tree Needs: When you’re caring for your trees, especially young trees, you need to understand what they need and when. Make sure you aren’t giving them fertilizer when they don’t need it. Use eco-friendly pest control practices. Along those same lines, it’s important to know when and how to do any tree trimming and pruning as well.
– Protect Tree Roots & Trunk: Make sure you safeguard the tree roots and trunk. Don’t allow people to drive over the roots and add any support that a young tree might need to keep it growing nice and straight.