The last thing that any property owner wants to hear is that their tree is dying. It is truly a tragedy when one of your trees dies. However, this is something that happens naturally. Sometimes, you are able to save a tree that is sick or otherwise in need of a little TLC. The most important thing is to know what you are looking for that can tell you that your tree is struggling. Tree Craft Tree Service is here to talk about some of the symptoms that might be present if your tree is dying or in trouble.
What Does a Dying Tree Look Like?
If you have a tree on your property, chances are, you will be able to notice when something is off. If you are worried that your tree is not in good health any longer, there are some signs that will more than likely confirm it for you. If your tree is dead, some of the most common symptoms look like this:
– You see large cracks in the trunk
– There are large swathes of branches that have no buds on them
– There might be fungus or mushrooms growing around the base of the tree at the roots
– You can see bark peeling off the trunk
Tests to Help Property Owners Examine the Health of Their Trees
When it comes to caring for and maintaining your trees, there are some tests that you can complete to help you know if your tree is simply sick or dying. If you have a sick tree, you can intervene and work to get it healthy again. The thing is you have to act quickly to avoid losing the tree entirely. Here are some tests you can run to see if your tree is dying or dead:
– Using a pocketknife, you can scratch a twig to check for moisture or green growth. If there is green under the bark, the tree is alive. Test multiple twigs if the first one is brown and dead to check for growth.
– Take a close look at the trunk to check for any splits, cracks or bark that has begun peeling.
– Look closely at the tree to check for any fungal growth; particularly at the base of the tree to check for mushrooms.
– Inspect the canopy for any large branches that look like they may fall off at any moment.
– Check the tree for any branches that are missing the leaves.
Tree Trimming, Pruning, Emergency Removal & More in West Norriton Township, Tredyffrin Township, East Norriton, Radnor, Wayne, Saint Davids, Lower Merion Township, Norristown, Upper Merion Township, Phoenixville & Greater King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
If you have noticed that there are signs your tree isn’t in good health, you can turn to Tree Craft Tree Service to come and inspect it further. If the tree is sick, we can work with you to help nurse it back to full health if it is caught early enough. If the tree is dying, it is a safety risk to the property and will need to be removed to avoid injury and damage. Call us today!