All of us have been there, a tree on our property that is no longer health or is causing problems. There might be a fleeting feeling that you could easily take care of that problem on your own to save a little money. It might sound easy, but tree removal is far from that. There are many dangers that come with trying to remove a tree from your property on your own. Crecraft for Treecraft Tree Service is here to talk about some of the dangers that come from DIY tree removal.
What are the Dangers of DIY Tree Removal?
The biggest problem that comes from removing a tree on your own is the risk of injury and accidents that can occur. Here are some of the top concerns:
– Improper Tree Removal Tools: It it not only difficult to remove a tree on your own, but if you don’t have the right tools and equipment to get the job done, it become exponentially more difficult. The average homeowner doesn’t have the necessary tools to remove a tree all by themselves. Professional arborists have the tools that are needed to get the job done. Using the wrong tools can put people at risk of injury.
– Dangers of Chainsaw Handling: When you remove a tree from your property on your own, you will need to use a chainsaw to do it. Not only that, but you will be climbing up a ladder while using a chainsaw. This isn’t wise if you aren’t used to doing it and have no training. It can lead to serious injury and even death.
– Miscalculations: There are several calculations that go into taking down a tree safely. When you leave the job up to a professional, they know exactly what they need to do to get the tree to fall in just the right spot. Doing it on your own could lead to grave miscalculations that could end up with serious injuries and damage.
– Powerlines: Many homeowners will have power lines that run through their property somewhere. You might not be able to gauge if you have enough room to take down a tree and avoid power lines. It can be a costly mistake to hit power lines. Another reason you shouldn’t do this on your own.
– Decaying Wood: Many trees that need to be removed will have issues like decaying wood that make them extremely unpredictable. It can give you a false sense of the gravity and where the tree is going to fall.
– Human Error: There is no way around it, there is human error involved in most things. It is best to leave the job of taking down a tree that weighs thousands of pounds to professionals who are less likely to experience human error during the process.
Tree Removal & More in West Norriton Township, Tredyffrin Township, East Norriton, Radnor, Wayne, Saint Davids, Lower Merion Township, Norristown, Upper Merion Township, Phoenixville & Greater King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
If you have a tree that needs removal, you can count on Crecraft for Treecraft Tree Service to successfully remove it for you. We have the experience and training necessary to ensure your tree is removed safely without any incident. Call us today!